Monday, October 15, 2007

Odds and Ends

What I try to do (with great difficulty): ignore the bad behavior that people throw at me and instead hit 'em with the love bomb.

It is a blessing in disguise; I've always required many hours alone, every day. If I don't get it, I'll stay up all night to have that time. But I'm not completely alone. My dog Honey is always with me, sleeping on her bed, holding down her piece of the world.

In my after-school drawing class at Beacon I turned them onto Edward Hopper and Reginald Marsh. I showed them that Marsh would go to Coney Island and draw guys passed out in the gutter. A good model knows how to stay still!

Teaching is performing! I get wired up and flipped out (in a good way) but then I am wasted, ready for bed!

I'm allergic to bureaucrats!

Every reform, however necessary, will by weak minds be carried to an excess, that itself will need reforming.

     - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

No comments: