Friday, May 14, 2010

Ice Cream Cone Tree

I walked to the library with Lily and decided to keep walking to the North End. The horse chestnut trees are in bloom and look like ice cream cone trees! I walked through Cold Spring Park and a four-year-old boy and his mom loved meeting Lily. They joined me in the fenced-in baseball field. The boy threw my day-glow softball and Lily chased it. It was fun. I kept the long leash on Lily so the boy could run up and stop Lily from running by standing on the leash and then he'd jump off it and throw the ball again. It was delightful to watch. On the way home Lily wanted to swim in the pollywog pond. I threw the board and Lily fetched it like she did yesterday. When we got home I patted her dry. She is exhausted. For lunch I put hot and spicy salsa on my peanutbutter sandwich.

No comments: