Friday, May 14, 2010

Twig Pile

Tonight the kids from Hazel Street played jump rope with Lily's extra long leash. I took it off of her and held her by the collar so they could jump a few rounds. Then I showed them Lily's circus dog trick of sitting still and then catching a tossed ball. She caught it nearly every time. The kids began saying "circus dog, circus dog," and then when Lily's attention finally waned she let the ball bounce off her forehead.

Then the kids ran and got a stick for Lily from their backyard wood pile and she eagerly chewed it, holding it gracefully between her front paws. Then all the kids ran back and each got a stick from the twig pile for Lily. She sat and chewed them all.

I made my first iced coffee of the season using coffee ice cubes and I am wearing flip-flops. Summer is in the air.

No comments: