Monday, October 04, 2010

Blue Monday

I walked Lily through the cemetery and then decided to continue on to the ball field at Turbesi Park. I threw the baseball for her. She ran, ignoring the baseball but grabbing a plastic bottle of bright blue juice that was in the outfield. She ran in big circles agitating the blue liquid as she carried the bottle in her mouth. I tried to catch up with her but she kept running making big fast loops around the field. An old gold Buick pulled up and a couple jumped out with their big brown dog and entered the park from the street behind the baseball field. The dog was loose and raced towards Lily, running along the chain link fence. The husband yelled "Romeo, Romeo," and the woman yelled back at her husband, "I'll get him." She called Romeo, and the dog turned towards her. I called out to them, "Does your dog like to play with other dogs?" "No," the husband shouted back and they all disappeared into the woods. Oh well. Lily and I exited the park on the other side and as we walked down the street I heard Penny the coon hound baying for Lily. I turned and approached the yard so Penny and Lily could greet each other through the fence.

No comments: