Sunday, October 24, 2010

Puzzling Puzzle

Today I walked Lily down Rathbun Street. When I turned onto Ethel Street I saw the City of Manhattan, made out of paper, in three dimensions, about eighteen inches tall, sitting on the sidewalk. There was a piece of lined loose-leaf notebook paper taped to one of the towers. "Free NYC Puzzle" was printed on the page in black magic marker. I stood there and admired the city I was born in from above. I noticed the Twin Towers were intact but the Chrysler Building was bent at the top. I continued on to the park and played fetch with Lily in the ball field. On our way home I looked down Ethel Street but didn't see the puzzle. Oh good, someone adopted it, I thought. But as I continued I saw that someone had simply moved it across the street. Poor Manhattan paper puzzle, I hope it gets a good home.

No comments: