Friday, May 13, 2011

Bird Bags or Sammy My Cat

Sammy is such a character. He loves to play with knotted plastic bags because they're like birds. He bats them around, carries them around in his mouth, collects them in a pile. He comes running anytime I rustle a plastic bag. I have to hide any plastic bags I get from the store or he will find them and make them into his next bird victim. I have gotten used to what sounds like my grandmother unloading her bundles in my kitchen all the time. It's Sammy having the time of his life batting his bird bags. I have even gotten used to the raggedy knotted bags lying all over the house because he loves them so much. In the first few weeks after Sammy started playing with the bags I was running around picking the tattered ones up and throwing them away. Not any more, now I leave them be. Sammy has about seven or eight long-dead birds in my kitchen, cellar, and office.

Sammy is part dog and part monkey. He just wears a cat costume. He is fast and clever and can hide easily, but he always comes running when I rustle his bird-bags. The other day after Bill left, the house seemed eerily quiet. I called Sammy and rustled his "birds." I finally spotted his paw poking out from under a closet door. Now I always try to locate him is before I leave the house.

No comments: