Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hotel Dream

I dreamed that I visited a big hotel on the water in Woonsocket, a place I'd never been in before. I saw a tall, slender woman at a Sunday brunch buffet helping herself to a pile of scones to bring to her table of grown sons. I was speaking with the manager, a young woman in a business suit. My dog Lily was patiently sitting and waiting next to me in the dining room. Nobody minded her. I told the manager that I too could see the water from my house.

I went into the kitchen and saw that the chef was a midget, his legs were only about a foot tall. A young boy about eight years old came in and hugged him, saying I missed you. The chef replied that he had been very drunk all night. I remembered that alcoholism could be a problem for midgets. When I woke, I wondered where my water view had gone.

No comments: