Monday, July 25, 2011

Dr. Jeff Combe

Good teachers are good motivators.

Good teachers make difficult things seem do-able - even easy.

A good teacher is able to ask for silence and get it, but rarely wants it.

Good teachers know what it looks like when the little light bulb goes on above a student's head, but they don't get discouraged if it takes a long time for the bulb to warm up, and they are patient if the bulb flickers.

My self esteem is the result of the process, damaged though it sometimes was DURING the process. To have wasted time trying to build my self esteem without the process of teaching me to play the piano, would have been counterproductive.

I like to keep my rules simple: Be respectful; do your duty; respect the community.

-Dr. Jeff Combe (combesdailyemails.blogspot.com)

No comments: