Tuesday, July 05, 2011

I'll Play it First

I'm always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning... Every day I find something creative to do with my life.
-Miles Davis

I was minding my own business when something says to me, "you ought to blow trumpet." I have just been trying ever since.
-Miles Davis

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere.
-John Coltrane

If you can't play in time and in tune the rest doesn't matter.
-Keith Ridenhour

There are no wrong notes.
-Miles Davis

Do not fear mistakes. There are none.
-Miles Davis

Don't play what's there, play what's not there.
-Miles Davis

I'll play it first and tell you what it is later.
-Miles Davis

It's always been a gift with me, hearing music the way I do. I don't know where it comes from, it's just there and I don't question it.
-Miles Davis

The thing to judge in any jazz artist is, does the man project and does he have ideas.
-Miles Davis

Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.
-Miles Davis

When you’re creating your own shit, man, even the sky ain’t the limit.
-Miles Davis

Knowledge is freedom and ignorance is slavery.
-Miles Davis, Miles: The Autobiography

No comments: