Thursday, November 15, 2012

Saint Petting

I have never grown up with religion but I experienced a strange erotic pleasure walking through the cemetery imagining all of the gowned saints with more saints under their gowns doing sexual things. At one point I was almost unable to walk.

My guy friends say, Oh, silly, that happens to us every day!

Another friend said:
This is a dream, a waking dream. In Iran prostitutes frequent graveyards. And there are examples around the world of saint statues frequented by by women for various reasons. Beneath the gown of religion lies the land of eros...

I found a pink strapless bra there once and took it home and sewed the strap so it fits me. For us it is a view of the pond and dog recreation. For others it is kitten and drug drop offs and romantic rendez vous.

My neighbor told me hippies were living in their family crypt in the 60's.

My friend said:
I went to a Chinese graveyard in Manila. It was a little city of the dead, a necropolis. There were narrow 'streets' and the crypts were like houses. Families on certain days would come and eat dinner. When I was a child my father would bring us to this cemetery where there was a rope swing. We loved swinging on that rope, over the rolling green hills with white headstones. Here in Ithaca, the old city cemetery isn't kept up. It has huge mausoleums. Woodchucks have taken up residency and plough through the old graves. A friend with a macabre sense of humor likes to walk there, but he is shocked to discover old human bones dug up by the woodchucks. It upset him so much he called the mayor, who is looking into it.

No comments: