Saturday, November 10, 2012

Today

This morning I was admiring my gray T shirt thinking I love gray. I love wearing black and white and gray. When it comes to clothing I am easily distracted by wearing other colors.

In winter I walk towards the sun to get warm and cheery. This morning while walking Lily I was remembering different walks make new pathways in the brain. So I took a different walk.

I looked down and found a muddy gray long sleeved Gap shirt on the sidewalk, in front Soucy Insurance company. I picked it up and put it in a plastic bag. I am washing it now.

Our friend Hector's family would pile into the car going on vacation and he'd drive to the corner and say to his family, Okay left or right. The whole vacation was improvisation.

Once I was talking to a new friend when I was living in North Carolina. I had never been to her house. As we spoke on the telephone I had a vision of her being in an olive green hallway. When I arrived at her home for a party I nearly fainted. The telephone hall was was military green.

I used to play a game in 2nd grade in which we stare into each others eyes and guess three colors in each others bathrooms. I loved it and had good luck with it.

I used the same technique playing 'go fish' when I was 7 years old. I would look very intently at my much older step sister and brother and decide if they looked like a king of hearts or an ace of spades or a 3 of diamonds. It was about resembling the symbol.

People look like their cars too.

No comments: