Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Dream

I dreamed we were at a reception in a mansion that rents for events. A couple was talking about the difficulties they were having fundraising for their virtual museum. We all sat down to dine at little tables with white tablecloths. My friend Judith, who is 64, was holding a naked newborn baby girl the size of a guinea pig. I offered to breast feed her.

I was wearing a Medieval dress. I just pulled down the front right side and the baby found my nipple. A woman who knows us was at the next table. I said, "Deanna, This is not my baby, I'm just trying to feed it for a friend." I worried that she would tell everyone that I had a newborn baby. I thought I could breastfeed but no milk came out so I handed her back.

We all chatted and lingered.

When it was time to leave I went into the kitchen to collect the coffee pot we brought from home, and our band's trumpet, tuba, trombone, and saxophone that we had stashed in the pantry.

By this time another event was in full swing in the kitchen. It was the Red Hat Society ladies. They were angry that we left things in the pantry. Someone must've just had a tantrum. I saw a green glass antique butter dish in the shape of a rooster cracked on the pantry floor. This is bad, I thought. My coffee machine was gone. I looked in the trash for the parts but didn't find them. I confronted one of the ladies. "What do you mean our instruments are gone, our coffee pot is gone? Where did they go?" I asked.
"They're at Deanna's house," the angry Red Hat lady said.

I woke up.

No comments: