Friday, November 28, 2014

Seeds of Contemplation

from Thomas Merton's book, New Seeds of Contemplation

Ultimately the only way I can be myself is to become identified with Him in Whom is hidden the reason and fulfillment of my existence. Therefore, there is only one problem on which all my existence, my peace and my happiness depend: to discover myself in discovering God. If I find Him, I will find myself, and if I find my true self I will find Him.
- Thomas Merton

...The basic disposition in the spiritual journey is the capacity to accept all reality; God, ourselves, other people, and all creation as they are.
- Fr. Thomas Keating

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.
- Fr. Pierre Teihard de Chardin, Jesuit priest and philosopher

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
- Julian of Norwich

If you're going through hell, keep going.
- Winston Churchill

No comments: