Friday, November 21, 2014

The Pope's Pool

I just got back from a blissful dawn swim in what I refer to as the The Pope's pool. I remember reading Pope John Paul II loved to have a daily swim. He had a pool installed at the Vatican and it looked like this one. Swimming again was like meeting up with dearly missed old friend. The water and I love each other. I was a happy dolphin and I had the 3 lane pool to myself. No bored lifeguards. I swam every stroke and a few I made up. My spine was happy. When I got out of the water I felt like an astronaut landing back on Earth.
My skin was dancing. I felt beautiful! I walked home in my bright orange sweat pants, and sweatshirt un-showered, in my wet hair wearing my flip flops, holding my sneakers and socks in my hands. I live only steps away. Perfect. My hot shower awaited me at home. Then, feeling refreshed and high from swimming, I put on my black leggings and danced around a bit. Swimming makes me feel great! Then I covered myself up with bulky green sweat pants because I am actually shy sometimes. My tank suit is 35 years old and I am very hairy. So it was nice to be alone for the first swim.

No comments: