Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Skit

Sylvia: During the blizzard of '47 we were all at the bowling alley in Castle Falls.

We had no idea we'd get stranded there. I remember looking out the window. It was like Antarctica without the penguins.

I was sure I'd be grounded to eternity. My parents knew I was out with Joey. They were probably worried sick.

The cars were buried in 8 foot drifts.

Joey: Their worst nightmare came true.

Sylvia: I remember it was fun, when the lights went off we kept bowling by candle light.

Joey: Candle pin bowling they must have candles right?

Sylvia: It was like being on a cruise ship.

Joey: Without the food. The beached titanic.

Sylvia: We didn't starve. I remember we had bar food: pickled eggs, pigs feet, pretzels, potato chips, and martini olives and orange slices.

Joey: And lots of beer.

Sylvia: I had a Shirley Temple.

I'll never forget Betty's Sleepwear Shop next door opened up that night and gave the girls feet pajamas. We slept in the pajamas under our coats right on the lanes. It was so romantic.

Joey: You looked like a bunch of dead rabbits.

Sylvia: This was before cell phones and computers and cable TV weather radar.

Did you tell them? One couple fell in love that night and had a Castle Falls bowling alley wedding the following year.

Joey: Are you talking about us?

No comments: