Friday, June 26, 2015

Feel the Love

Last night Red and Darlene were out standing in the street and I went out to what I call the "common living room" to say hello. Unfortunately what brought us all outside was a fire truck and ambulance which proceeded to take away a body of a young man who lives above the mini mart. I hope he'll be okay. I hope it wasn't a drug overdose. When the ambulance and fire trucks left we stayed out. It was nice to catch up on the 'hood. Red was telling Viet Nam neighborhood stories to the teenager who lives next door. Darlene ran inside to get the framed drawing she made of her dog Jesse."Tell me your honest opinion," she said. "I love it, you can tell you love your dog!" "her facial markings look like Yin and Yang symbol." Darlene told me about traveling across the country in a 16 wheeler with her ex-boyfriend. Wow, you did that? 'We traveled from Florida to Maine dropping off produce. Did you sleep in the truck? Yes we had a sleeper and those little lights all around the cab. I said goodby and went inside. We were retiring for the night but I had to throw out the garbage. On my way back I walked across the lot to say hello to Stephanie who was out with her son and the neighbor's kids. They were tossing water at each other. I said "Hit me I love to get wet!" They did and I loved it.
"Isn't it beautiful?" I said to Stephanie. "Sure is, she said, now that Alabama is gone. We finally have peace and quiet and a park for the kids." It's so great to see and we all love each other. All we need is a basketball hoop for the boys but right now they climb the fence and use the one next door.

No comments: