Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Pink Clouds

Last night I finally got out to walk Lily. It was 8PM! Bill gasped pointing. It was the most amazing sky. There were orange-y pink stripes shining up fanning out from the horizon. It looked just like the Tibetan flag. On the horizon was a bank of whipped cream clouds. "That's the second storm approaching," Bill said. "It will be here in about an hour." We crossed East School st at St. Germain and walked behind the baseball field to poop alley. A lone 8 year old girl was on the berm dancing and singing. She saw us and came down to meet Lily. "Lily loves everyone, I said. as she pet Lily's head gazing into her eyes. "I heard you singing!, I said. Bill was holding Lily's leash. I quickly grabbed a few stray paper cups and bottles at my feet. "You pick up trash? she asked. Yeah. "Why?" she asked. "Because look how beautiful it is without it!" I already carry bags for poop. So why not! I said. She climbed the berm and grabbed the trash she saw in the grass. "Thanks so much," I said. "Now look how gorgeous it is." I exclaimed. Everything was green and there was no trash anywhere. That was quick and easy and let's face it's wonderful to see our beautiful city look her best. I thought.

A woman's voice called the girl. "Bye!" she said, running away.

A pink-cheeked Elk came out crossing the parking lot to greet Lily, "Beautiful dog," he said holding an open bottle of Budweiser and petting Lily's big head. "Look at the sky," I said, "I know, it's amazing" he chimed in. "I like how it looks with the mural and the yellow and green striped circus tent," I said. Did you know the artist Duzio got the neighborhood kids to paint the mural with him. That's why there's no graffiti on it. "Great idea, smart move," I said.

"We joke about the bronze Elk statue being fenced in." I said. "Do you know why?" he asked. One summer day a woman hopped up on the elk. She was wearing little white shorts and she burned the inside of her thighs. "Wow. Ouch!" I said. "You could fry an egg on his back," I said. That's for sure," he said. The egg would probably drip down, I realized. So that's why they have the bronze elk behind a wrought iron fence.

We continued walking. Eyewitness news van and TV truck was set up across from the police station. "We're doing a story on the weather, and the tree that got struck by lightning on Morin Heights," the young newsman said. "More storms are coming, in 20 minutes," I said, warning him. "We'll be here" he replied. "Be careful." I said as we left not realizing that he probably get the weather updates, after all he's the news.
"Look, no trash," I said to Bill admiring the green-way. "That's my work," I said. It looks beautiful," he said. When we arrived home the rain started. We ran around and shut all of the windows and watched the storm from the little 3rd floor porch. Lightning flashed so bright it hurt my eyes. God's flashbulb! It was over quickly. I climbed into bed and fell asleep instantly.

In transmit, I can't wait to wake up! I wake very early (2, 3, or 4 AM). In the depths of receive I dread morning and oversleep. (7, 8, 9AM)

No comments: