Saturday, June 27, 2015

Saying Hello

I set out with Lily at 5 PM and came home after dark. I had amazing visits with my sidewalk friends walking the 3 mile trip.

My grandfather Nat Olson, was the Mayor of Canal Street according to his friends. He said hello to everyone and took the bums out for breakfast and let them use the bathroom in his tiny store, UNITED BLOWER fans and motors on Centre Street off Canal on The Bowery.

I think about this because I love to walk and greet people. I have more sidewalk friends than any other kind and I love the feeling of community and pedestrian visits.

Tonight while walking to the pond I got to talk to Barb, and then then down at the lake Sandy invited me onto her porch. The sun was setting putting on a magnificent show. We were watching the the swans and drawing pictures with her three grand kids. It was dark when I left. A magical night!

Essay

No comments: