Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Crazy, tyrant, irrational control freak mother

This is exactly like what I was raised with:
by Anomynous

My mother is a crazy, irrational, tyrant. I have been dealing with her like this for several years, ever since I turned about 12. She will blow up about the smallest things, and I am constantly walking on eggshells with her. She has so many irrational and unfair “rules” and behaviors that I don’t even know where to begin. I will just give you a few examples. A while back I had purchased some posters of my favorite band to put on my walls. So I got home and put them up, and only about ten minutes later my mother came in screaming bloody murder and began violently tearing them all down and yelling very unnecessary things at me. She claimed that she told me ten times not to put them up, when she honestly never said a word. Then a few days later I asked her if I could just hang them on my door. She went ballistic and began screaming and shouting about how “it was going to ruin the door”. I tried to calmly explain to her that lots of people hang things on doors, and it would in fact not harm it. Hanging posters is a fairly normal practice which I thought was innocent enough, but apparently I was wrong. She refused to listen to any rational reasoning. She continued to shout at me how I was “retarded” and how she didn't want to have the conversation. I was baffled about how irrational she was being over a simple request. I had tried to reason with her, but all she did was shout. Finally I became so fed up, I yelled “fucking calm down”. It just slipped out from frustration. I immediately apologized and told her it would never happen again. But she screamed at me and took away my cell phone. I sincerely apologized, and all she said was “it's taking all the strength in my body not to slap you across the face”.

Which brings me to my next issue… She constantly hits me and slams me against walls and such. I try to tell her that it is inappropriate and wrong but she seems to think it is justified. When I try to talk to my friends about this they think I am trying to get attention. But I am not lying and I really don’t know what to do. A few days ago me and my sister got into an argument. She, being younger, is never suspected of doing anything wrong. I always get the full blow of my mother’s rage. Anyways we got into some silly argument, and my sister thinks she can solve anything my hitting me. She slapped me hard in the face and began basically attacking me. I shoved her off of me and she, being the whinny brat that she is begins to cry and runs to get mom. A minute later my mother comes in screaming bloody murder. She runs at me and literally tackled me to the ground as I tried to escape. She slapped me across the face several times and kept me pinned to the ground screaming “HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?!!!! HOW DO YOU LIKE GETTING HIT IN THAT FACE LIKE THIS” she continually slapped me a few more times before I shoved her off of me and ran away screaming for my little sister (who had just caused this) to help me. My mother then stormed off and went to her room. I went in to confront her a few minutes later, trying to tell her that what she did was completely inappropriate, she never even bothered to listen to my side of the story, I was defending myself. She didn’t care. I told her it really hurt me that my own mother would treat me like this. All she said was “you are such a baby” and then said “go call child protective services if you think I’m such a bad mom” she says. She thinks this is normal behavior. She says “if I don’t leave a mark then its not illegal”
Does that make it remotely ok to attack your child like that over something you knew nothing about? No. But she thinks its ok. She doesn’t even realize this is not ok parent behavior.

These were just a few examples of the crazy things my mother does. I have tried to talk to her about it many times, but she thinks that she is a perfectly normal, good parent. I try to tell her that no parent I have ever met treats their children like this. Then she says “then I guess I'm the only mom who has an “out of control” child.” My mother acts like this and does these sort of things day by day and there is nothing I can do. She has driven me to self harm on multiple occasions. It is the only way I can release all of my anger and frustration and sadness she causes. I have even had suicidal thoughts because I just can’t take it anymore. I need help. Whenever I try to talk to my friends about this they don’t take it seriously. I can’t handle my mom being an abusive, irrational, crazy control freak anymore.

No comments: