Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Never Seen

“My main reason for adopting literature as a profession was that, as the author is never seen by his clients, he need not dress respectably.”
― George Bernard Shaw

“Happy is the man who can make a living by his hobby”
― George Bernard Shaw, Pygmalion

“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”
― George Bernard Shaw

“It is a curious sensation: the sort of pain that goes mercifully beyond our powers of feeling. When your heart is broken, your boats are burned: nothing matters any more. It is the end of happiness and the beginning of peace.”
― George Bernard Shaw

“There is always danger for those who are afraid.”
― George Bernard Shaw

“The longer I live, the more I realize that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time!”
― George Bernard Shaw

“We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.”
― George Bernard Shaw

“To be in hell is to drift; to be in heaven is to steer.”
― George Bernard Shaw

“I knew if I waited around long enough something like this would happen.”
― George Bernard Shaw

No comments: