Sunday, February 18, 2018

Friendly Market

415 Arnold St Woonsocket RI
Woonsocket, RI 02895
Phone number (401) 597-0400
from YELP:
First to Review

The name totally says it all.

Still on the prowl for a proper Asian market in the Woonie Bin, I stumbled upon a positive review for "Asian Fresh Produce Market." We took a quickie spin down the bizarre-looking Cato side street & winded up with convenient parking & an extremely spacious and well stocked 'lil market.

I -LOVE- their product section. So many inexpensive, fresh choices. Bok choy for $1.49? Mint, cilantro and basil for .99 cents? Seriously?! ....I winded up getting nothing I originally went in for after checking out their tea/beverage section. DIY boba-tea was calling my name. I also found my absolutely favourite pear/apple Korean BBQ sauce that even Asiana doesn't appear to carry anymore. Super psyched.

Toward the front there was also an extremely gracious array of prepared, tasty looking treats.

It is worth noting that they primarily carry southeast Asian grub so if you're looking to fix up a plate of Som Tam or Pad Thai you're in the right place. Oden or (Japanese) ramen? Not so much.

The owners are extremely friendly (the name, people, the name!) and since the last review in 2011, I do believe they accept credit now. (I spied a card processor on the counter but paid in cash.)

SO going back.

No comments: