Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Spring has Sprung

Romeo and I went out this morning and everyone was out. I ran into people on every corner. I ran into two loose dogs that darted across the street to meet Romeo. Luckily there were no cars driving by at that moment. I ran into my boiler man, You look very svelte, I said noticing his big pink ears lit up from behind.
I've lost 35 pounds because I'm about to have back surgery March 9th. I've waited 3 months to get the appointment, he said. They're gonna scrape out where the nerves go, he said. L6 and L7. I'll be walking in no time, he said.
I'm going to Hasbro, the children's hospital in Providence.
You're a big kid anyway, I said.
I ran into the Mayor's mom in the BK parking lot and I told her about my bread baking class. She listened and smiled.
I ran into a woman who has bad allergies and left her asthma inhaler at home. You gotta carry it with you. I always carry mine but last Sunday when I needed it the medicine had expired and the pharmacy was closing! You don't want to end up not breathing. Take care of yourself. Do it for your kids," I said.
I'm exhausted!

No comments: