Saturday, March 31, 2018

Reckless

Yesterday I was remembering my mother's reckless driving. She would pass cars crossing the double yellow line. We'd be zooming towards oncoming traffic. I would yell mom!!!!!!!!!!

She would blow through red lights honking.

"It's okay if you honk" she'd say.

Once she got a ticket for not getting out of the way of a zooming police car blaring its siren.

She thought that was ridiculous.

She wrote a scolding note to my 4th grade teacher and had me hand deliver it.

When my teacher read it, she cried.

She drugged us with Dramamine and drove to Florida driving 90 miles an hour the whole way. I was being a gymnast at the time (age 11) and after a few days of this my legs started cramping and I cringed in agony.

"I'm driving 90 miles an hour, what the hell is wrong with you," she screamed.

No comments: