Wednesday, October 31, 2018

3 Versions

“Now are the woods all black, but still the sky is blue.”
― Marcel Proust, Swann's Way

“Now are the woods all black, but still the sky is blue.
May you always see a blue sky overhead, my young friend; and then, even when the time comes, which is coming now for me, when the woods are all black, when night is fast falling, you will be able to console yourself, as I am doing, by looking up to the sky.”

― Marcel Proust, Swann's Way

May you always see a blue sky overhead, my young friend; and then, even when the time comes, which is coming now for me, when the woods are all black, when night is fast falling, you will be able to console yourself, as I am doing, by looking up to the sky.“ He took a cigarette from his pocket and stood for a long time, his eyes fixed on the horizon. "Goodbye, friends!” he suddenly exclaimed, and left us.
― Marcel Proust , Swann's Way

No comments: