Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Pants

Every year my husband buys khaki black cotton slacks on sale for teaching. Midway through the year they are worn out, mostly from leaning against the lab tables. This year he decided to buy Jewish style, 6 pairs on sale to be delivered before school starts. Yesterday we were sent a notice that they had been delivered at noon to the front door. There was no package anywhere. My husband was frantic! He raced down to the post office at 4:50PM to talk to Randy and explain what happened. I emailed the Chief of police and Deputy because that's the kinda gal I am. I'd put out an APB if I could! Then there was a confident knock at the screen door in the back, right where I was, at my desk. I jumped. It was detective Adam in a blue bicycle helmet and police uniform here to listen to our story. I told Romeo to go lie down and asked Bill to come out. He was on the phone with Kohl's. We had a nice visit and explained the goods were sent in two packages. 4 pairs stolen two pairs due today. "We were home eating lunch when it was stolen" I said. "Tomorrow we'll eat on the front porch and keep our eyes out!" There has been some blatant thievery recently in the 'hood, my friends Barb and Red had a brand new mattress stolen from their foyer and they even watched it being carried over to the house near the corner. Barb is a black belt in karate. She walked right over and poked her head in and reclaimed her mattress! Way to go Barb! But as far as our pants are concerned I am wondering if they will turn up at the Saturday Flea market.

No comments: