Monday, January 27, 2020

Monday Morning Trash and Treasure

So I just found a round black foam container of eaten pork chops + rice HIGH UP in the bushes in front of the post office. I grabbed it before Romeo got it. Inside was a huge beautiful silver fork which I wrapped up in a clean bag and kept. I crossed the street to the dumpster and noticed a gorgeous beveled mirror ready to be thrown out. I nabbed it. I walked Romeo with my right hand carrying the heavy mirror on my left hip. At the bank my friend Sandy intercepted us and insisted she carry the mirror for me on her motorized wheelchair. "It's only 4 more blocks," I said.
"Let me help you," she insisted. She drove with it in her lap as I walked beside her all the way to my back door. I thanked her profusely.
"Anything I can do to help, makes me happy," she said. What a morning!!!

No comments: