Wednesday, January 29, 2020

“The role of the artist is to ask questions, not answer them.”

“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.”
― Anton Chekhov

“Perhaps man has a hundred senses, and when he dies only the five senses that we know perish with him, and the other ninety-five remain alive.”
― Anton Chekhov, The Cherry Orchard

“Any idiot can face a crisis; it's this day-to-day living that wears you out.”
― Anton Chekhov

“The role of the artist is to ask questions, not answer them.”
― Anton Pavlovich Chekhov


“What a fine weather today! Can’t choose whether to drink tea or to hang myself.”
― A.P. Chekhov

“The world is, of course, nothing but our conception of it.”
― Anton Chekhov

“When asked, "Why do you always wear black?", he said, "I am mourning for my life.”
― Anton Chekhov

“Wisdom.... comes not from age, but from education and learning.”
― Anton Chekhov

No comments: