Saturday, April 30, 2022

The Reward

It's been too long since I vacuumed. So I vacuumed under my bed and then I was off and running. I kept thinking I need to reward myself and then I told myself a clean house will be reward enough. Then I read some story that mentioned an apple pie. I kept thinking apple pie, pie, pie. I had five small apples in the apple drawer that needed saving. So I cored and sliced them, leaving the skins on and put cinnamon and sugar in and tossed them and spooned them into a small greased oven proof dish. I added dried cranberries. I made a small quick crust out of 1/2 cup all purpose flour, salt, 1/8 c corn oil, sugar, and 2 Tbs cold water, and rolled it thin and covered the dish of apples using a fork to press the edges. It's baking now. The house smells good. The pie tastes good. That's the reward.

No comments: