Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Deborah in Gray on Bicycle

This morning my neighbor rode his loud gasoline powered bicycle which he drove on the sidewalks right into his ground floor apartment. Now there's a fire hazard, I thought.

Yesterday I saw a guy on Hazel Street working under a car that was held up by two stacked tires and his friend worked above. I see danger everywhere.

Yesterday a woman in gray was riding a green bicycle. Her hair was gray and she seemed to be my age. She stopped momentarily to cross the street. I told her she might want to wear a glow vest so she could be seen. Last year a friend of mine died in a bicycle accident, I said. She  got off her bicycle and walked with me as I headed to the YMCA. She explained how her grandmother kept a road from cutting across her family land by standing outside with a shotgun. Something to be proud of! I said. Did she win? Yes, the farm is still there and I live there now. I come into town because it's too quiet in Blackstone. As we walked by The Stadium she said, This place is haunted. There was a ghost right next to me and it looked me in the eye. Tell Dennis the stage manager, I said. And I turned to enter the driveway to the YMCA.

No comments: