Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Spring is Here

I just started the process of lopping down saplings cleaning up trash in my big overgrown yard and I picked up a pile of soda cans and beer bottles hidden under the forsythia bush next to the fence.  It's a huge project but a journey of a 1,000 miles began today. 

I spoke to the neighboring landlord and all of the automotive motorcycle nonsense is finally gone from the rental garages. They've all been evicted. After years of people revving motorcycle engines at all hours, dumping used motor oil, and conducting illicit drug & automotive businesses he finally saw the light. It only took 25 years.

We celebrated our clean yard and parking lot with our first grilled burgers of the season. And three people who we'd never seen before showed up and started taking apart a car as a tenant fed electrical cords out of his bedroom window. Have to laugh! Luckily the landlord shut them down.

I stepped out back before bed and six neighborhood kids were posing at my back steps with a brand new Polaroid. It was adorable.

No comments: