Saturday, August 15, 2026

Theo Stuart, Dog Behaviourist

My love for dogs started many years ago with a Rottweiler called Merlin and Magic, a German Shepherd. Back then, it was all about harsh dog training and ‘correcting’ the dog in order to force it to ‘obey’. Commands were sergeant major-style orders.

How different things are today. With all my subsequent learning and experience, I have proved beyond possible doubt that kind, positive, and force-free methods not only work best, but they ensure we feel comfortable in our relationship with our dog.

I have two dogs now. A recently adopted ex-racing Greyhound and an elderly blind and deaf Labrador. I can’t imagine a life without dogs.

My Dog Behaviour CV

  • As an older person. Experience & Empathy from a whole kaleidoscope of life’s ups and downs.
  • As a School Teacher. Motivation, Encouragement – and boundaries.
  • As a musician. Repetitive practice until I have something note perfect. Persistence and patience.
  • As a mother of five children. Insight into ‘parenting’ puppies and dogs.
  • As a businesswoman. I have set up and run three businesses. ‘Theo Stewart – Dog Behaviourist’ is a business involving marketing, insurance, accounts, tax, equipment, transport, internet costs, web site and much more.
  • As the holder of meetings. A skill carried over into family dog consultations, in person, or online.
  • As owner of an introduction agency (before the days of internet dating). Interviewing people whilst putting them at ease; finding out all about them as I now with dogs.
  • As a dog owner. Multiple dogs over 55 years.
  • As a founder member of INTODogs and member of UK Behaviour and Training Charter, IMDT, VSPDT, graduate of ISCP (International School for Canine Psychology and Behaviour), PPG, Dog Welfare Alliance. Using positive methods backed by Science. Accountable.
  • As a ‘crossover’. I followed outdated dominance methods before educating myself.

Theo Stuart, Dog Behaviourist https://www.dogidog.co.uk/#aboutme

No comments: