Sunday, September 27, 2026

Anger Was Against the Law

Anger was against the law for me when I was a child. 

Not for my parents who raged, kicked the wall breaking a toe, screeched the car stuck in the ice, smashed plates, but for us kids.  NO ANGER ALLOWED. NO QUESTIONS ALLOWED.

When the dog vomited my father said "rub his face in it,," as if he did it on purpose, if that would teach him a lesson. But he is sick, it is no fault of his.

He needs love.

I ran away and adopted a dog. My source of family love to this day. 

My mother advised that I throw all of my roommates belongings out of the third floor apartment window when she was taking too much time to move out after not paying rent. I said that would not be helpful.

What should have been against the law was giving us enemas and taking our temperature with anal thermometers well into our double digit years and subjecting us to public humiliation and unnecessary medical care and humiliating comments in front of all of the relatives and guests. 

Then abandoning us on a daily basis including weekends and summers.

 I give myself permission to rage on the page for as much time as I need. Whenever I want.

 I call it cancer prevention.

No comments: