Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bits of my Morning Walk

The tree fluff is out and I can feel it. My skin is burning and itchy. It's very interesting living on this planet.

There were so many seagulls in the Burger King parking lot it sounded like a day at the beach. They all flew away as Lily and I approached. I also saw a saw a bright red cardinal fly past me into a bush.

The streets of Woonsocket are getting swept up after an icy snowy winter. We can see the sidewalks again. The streets look GREAT. I wish people would break the habit of throwing trash and bottles out of their car windows. We live here! We walk here! Ray picks up the shattered glass, I pick up the paper and plastic.

I saw a guy riding a bicycle while wheeling a supermarket shopping carriage - one hand on each! He stopped every few feet to pick up aluminum cans. Five cents each adds up and he's keeping the streets of Woonsocket clean!

No comments: