Monday, March 09, 2009

Getting Out

I have spent the past week walking first thing each day to bring my head up from my mental mud phase. Sometimes the improvement is extremely subtle nonetheless I am grateful for it. There is now a bike trail in Woonsocket a mile from our house. Yesterday we walked over and tried it out with Lily. She is so gentle and sociable when she meets other dogs and people. It's a real joy! When I am feeling mental anguish my favorite thing is to go out walking with Lily and have little exchanges with strangers and acquaintances as I walk through neighborhoods; nothing too deep just a gentle hello. I actually have to avoid deep conversations at these times because I am in too much mental pain but I need to get out and be near people.

1 comment:

Aubrey Andersen said...

So glad springtime is almost here. It will be "Puddle Wonderful".