Friday, March 13, 2009

Sinking In

Years ago I used to go into my studio and write letters to people as procrastination and that's how I got hooked on writing. My blog/journal writing is like the verbal version of my sketchbook. I'm sure if I was trying to write a novel it would feel much more like what creating a show of paintings feels like; overwhelming, intimidating, scary. This is why for a while newspaper illustration was such a good fit for me. It was small bites! But don't get me wrong, I want the freedom and challenge of painting it's just much deeper for me and harder for me to make it come together especially now that I have moved up the canvas size. Everything was duos in the smaller size and now they are trios! And my fear monsters and demons are a bit larger too!

No comments: