Monday, January 25, 2010

Sky

Joey's puppy is named Bobo and I ask him "How's Bobo?" every time I see him. One day I was in the park and I could see off in the distance Joey's father leaning way out of the 5th floor tenement window bellowing to the puppy below. The man was trying to walk his dog from the sky.

Last week Joey told me his missing cat, named Coffee, was finally found, dead. He said "Now it's buried in the park under a shirt. Do you want to see it?" "No thanks," I said. "It's frozen in the snow," his buddy told me. Yesterday walking Lily I couldn't pass through the path behind the park - it was blocked by a huge muddy snow pile. So I went around and ducked through a hole in the tall evergreen shrubs. There I saw the dead cream-colored cat curled up on the ground, its spirit in the sky.

No comments: