Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Magic Ball

Today on my walk with Lily I saw a smashed up acoustic guitar in the snow in front of Savini's restaurant. What was the story? Was it a disgruntled performer or audience member? I walked through the snowy cemetery admiring the bare trees in the distance outlined by the snow and the expanse of stones catching the sunshine. I kept on walking to the reservoir. When I got there I spotted an adult and small child way out on the ice walking across the frozen surface. They looked like they were only a few inches tall. On the way home Lily and I stopped at the baseball field for a free run in the snow. Lily found something against the fence and was digging like mad to get it. I went to pull her away, assuming it was something disgusting she was getting her mouth on, and I saw a frozen baseball stuck under the chain link fence. I was able to free it by pushing it out to the other side. Then Lily and I had a few rounds of fetch. She was so delighted she pranced like a pony with the ball in her mouth. After enough runs I decided to pocket the magic ball for another day.

No comments: