Sunday, January 31, 2010

Theater Magic

Years ago I visited a friend who wrote and starred in a play at The Dennis Playhouse, on the Cape. He invited me to knock on the stage door after the show so we could make a plan on where to meet. When he opened the door I was shocked! Mike has changed, I said to my husband. He's put on a lot of weight and doesn't look the same at all. We planned to meet at the restaurant across the street. When Mike walked into the dining room he was Mike again. One by one everyone from the play walked in as themselves. The va va voom lady who wore stilettos and teased everyone with her svelte curves and fishnet-stockinged legs was a mousy insecure blonde with disheveled hair. The actors were completely unrecognizable as the characters they had portrayed in the play. That's when it really hit me, the magic of the stage.

No comments: