Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sun Dog Circle

Today I felt like I was under a cloud so after my shower I headed out for a big walk to Harris Pond hoping that the fresh air would wake me and cheer me up. I walked all the way out to the dead end. On the way I said hello to a lady I know from many dog-walking hellos. She said she's still unemployed and moving away this month. I saw a guy working on his car in his driveway and he said hello. I walked on the trail in the woods, and through the bare trees I could see the junk yard of colorful metal off in the distance.
On my way back home I noticed the sun had a huge rainbow ring all around it. There were two sun dogs, one above and one below, that the arc connected. I wanted to point it out to someone on the street. I saw a lady in turquoise who seemed to know me. I showed her the sun ring, and she loved it. Lily jumped up to greet the young man who was with her; he was happy to be hugged by Lily. He said I love big dogs! Further on I saw two long black funeral limos pull in to Savini's parking lot. Everyone got out and stood around in their long black coats; a few were consoling each other. I wanted to tell them to look up at the big circular rainbow, but I didn't want to intrude. I kept walking. I saw Jamie our mail lady and I showed her. She was ecstatic. "I've never seen anything like it in my whole life!" she said. When I got home, I came inside and shook the sand out of my shoes. Later, when Bill arrived, he said he too had seen the sun dogs and ring while driving home.

No comments: