Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pink Confetti

The past few days I've seen piles of pink petals in the streets from the flowering crab apple trees. I scoop up handfuls and let the wind take it away! Pink confetti! And it is super windy today. I've been working hard, I'm a bit calmer, finally adjusting to Spring. Yesterday after working I took Lily swimming in Harris Pond. She fetched the stick about six times and then she exuberantly ran up the bank ahead of me and out of view. I panicked, walking around and calling her name for a few minutes, but then she appeared. When I got home I made wheat-oatmeal molasses scones. Perfect with mango tea! I rolled the dough with my big wooden rolling pin and cut out the small circles using my favorite scalloped-edged cookie cutter. Then I played my sax. I was so tired when I woke up this morning, I felt like I had been run over by a truck. But it is a good feeling to be tired from doing the things that you love.

No comments: