Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sunny, Hot and Humid

Lily and I walked the shade tree route to the public library with two pit stops at the city park water fountain for drinking and hosing off. I'm wearing flip flops, and my cotton mystery dress that has a pattern like 60's linoleum. I ran into the neighborhood skinny blond-haired girl who recently moved to her sister's town in Florida. She stopped under the Burger King tree to show me her amazing phone-photos of gigantic Florida hibiscus flowers and a turkey-duck, egrets and the nearby alligator pond. I told her "Call National Geographic, these photos are great!" She said she dreams of working as a photographer for Disney World. I came home and made up a tiny jam jar glass of iced coffee with a dash of Job Lot maple syrup. Lily is crashed out in front of the fan.

No comments: