Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Dream

I dreamed I was in my old painting studio in a brick mill building. My friend Lisa was making a documentary of artists. She was wearing a camera made of stereo lenses embedded in a bright blue padded helmet.

In the dream I was high up overlooking the ocean. The motion of the ocean was too distracting. I hung muslin half-curtains to cover the water view. The curtains were blowing open in the wind so I hung my staple gun on the bottom of one to give it weight so it wouldn't flap around. "That's dumb, I'm going to need that tool," I told myself taking it down.

I was standing on the ground floor watching a family come in from a swim. "Hows the water," I asked?
"Nice," their daughter replied.
I told the father "My grandmother lived this close to Brighton Beach in Brooklyn. She could sit on the edge of her bed and see the ocean."
He didn't respond. I thought "I'm one of those people who talks to everyone."

No comments: