Thursday, May 28, 2015

Dream

A graduation had just let out and Benefit Street was full of people walking home. I was in the crowd with my dogs thinking about how I never attended my college graduation. A man ran down a grassy slope to tell me "Vinny* will be at the bar but he's allergic to dogs."
I lost track of my dogs in the crowd and walked into the bar empty handed.
Vinny was there sitting at the bar. I remembered that he's allergic to dogs.
"I'm covered in dog hair" I said apologetically. "I've lost track of my dogs," I said.
Bill showed up out of breath, "I found the dogs, JV had them captured and locked in cages in the cellar, cages that they just clawed hundreds of dollars worth of damage to."
This was a set up, I knew it, I thought.
I looked out the window of the bar and saw a cute historic house for sale, it was painted orange and had a realtor sign in the front yard.
"If you lived here you'd be home," I said to Vinny.

*Vincent D'Onofrio

No comments: