Thursday, May 28, 2015

Her Story

It was two years ago the anniversary of his father's death January ninth and he was acting crazy. I locked myself in the bedroom. I programmed my phone so it would call 9-1-1 at one hit of a button. He kept trying to get me to come out, 'I've got all of my friends coming over to beat you up,' he shouted at the door. I said 'Oh yeah, I'm staying right here.' Then the room began filling with smoke. I hit the button on my phone and the police came. He had doused a rag with gasoline and lit it, tossing it onto the couch. The stove's gas pilot light was on. The whole place could've blown up. He went to jail. He's got schizophrenia, bipolar and something else. He came back to me and said he's changed but I just listen to him talk and I know he hasn't changed. I told him no way am I going to let you back into my life. You tried to blow up the house! I don't want any more high drama people in my life. It's too stressful. Guess what? I am much happier.

No comments: