Saturday, May 23, 2015

Save a Life

When things are going wrong, I often ask myself what's the good that can come of this bad. I've had to ask myself this numerous times in my life. Recently when problems in my neighborhood got out of hand the good that came from it was better communication with neighbors and the city.

Now we as a nation are facing a heroin + drug epidemic and I have to ask once again what is the gift here?

I've lost friends to drugs and mental illness. I am always trying to educate myself on these topics. I try to stay open and listen to people I meet on the street when I'm out walking my dog. I have to put aside the blaming and shaming and try to really understand in order to help people. How can we grow stronger and wiser? And possibly save the life of a fellow man.

No comments: