Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Box Fan

Last night it was hot and humid. Our box fan was overdue for a major cleaning. "Let's do it right now, we can work on it outside," I said. It was still light out. Bill got a bucket and the phillips head screwdriver for taking apart the white plastic grills. I got the dish soap and sponges and the scrub brush. I worked on scrubbing the grills and rinsing them with the hose and Bill worked on wiping the blades. "The blades need to be smooth so they can slice through the air," Bill said. The blades had been very fuzzy from dust. Bill went inside and got the special tiny oil can with the long skinny nozzle for oiling the motor. Then Bill attached the plastic grills and I tightened the screws. We brought the fan inside. When I plugged her in she pushed so much air she fell backwards! I had to lower the speed and I noticed that this time she didn't rattle anymore.

No comments: