Sunday, June 21, 2015

Rainy Day

Our fireman's gig got cancelled. It's like a snow day but it's a rainy day. I went outside with Lily and weeded my vegetable garden in the rain. I got soaked and muddy and I loved it. Normally I insist I am not a gardener because I don't like the sun and heat but I do love water and mud. Perhaps I could grow more vegetables if I gardened in the rain or at night. After weeding my four plants I went inside and washed off the mud and dried Lily's soaked fur with the big blue and white striped towel. I kissed her on the snout. I set up a batch of garbanzo beans in the pressure cooker. While the pot was hissing Sammy my orange cat was love-biting me on the arm with a little shake of his head as if I was his captured mouse. I realized he desperately wanted to play so I took out his string toy and he played himself into a silly and floppy exhaustion.

No comments: