Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Sheryl M. Ness: Introvert Living in an Extroverted World

Are you an introvert or extrovert? Let's reflect on these personality traits.

We all have certain preferences as to how we interact with others, give and receive support, and manage stress and anxiety. It's not something you can change — it's central to who you are.

A person with strong extroverted personality traits thrives by being with others and is usually outgoing and talkative with many social contacts. An introvert loves time alone or in small, intimate gatherings, and probably spends more time thinking about something than talking about it.

At times, I feel like I'm an introvert living in a mostly extroverted world. I really enjoy meeting with and spending time with others as well as socializing and getting out. However, after too much of this, I need time to myself to recharge and get my energy back. The things I enjoy the most are time spent with one or two close friends, or time alone writing and being creative. That's why I love writing for this blog.

-By Sheryl M. Ness, R.N.

No comments: