Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Green Vase Mystery

This morning as I was working outside at my picnic table, I could hear the soda cans and plastic bottles swirling in the wind tornado in the alley between the buildings. I got my 5 gallon plastic bucket and my trash grabber and went into the next-door complex and started picking up the garbage. It was very rewarding. It was fun and addictive. I even picked up debris on my street on both sides and the parking lot behind my house. Perhaps we are celebrating 'transmit mode' and the newly departed trio of drug dealers.

The park is so attractive I take a daily detour through it on my way to the library, police station, and city hall. I see my neighbors kids and my sidewalk friends. It feels like Paris!

At the park I saw kids playing, mothers sunbathing, picnickers eating at tables. Today CCF was there having a picnic lunch with sandwiches promoting awareness about using sunblock. Not sunblock sandwiches. I saw Jen's kids and another girl went wild meeting Lily and giving her cheeze doodles.

I started up my car for the first time in 6 months to go get groceries. On my way home the loud family kids were poking their heads through the screens calling me grandma. I don't mind. These kids are cute and sadly they've been locked inside for weeks. If their parents weren't so terrified they could be enjoying the park. It's a shame. Fear is a disease. They stay inside and watch TV and get even more scared so then they get pit bulls to feel safe. They don't love their dog they have a dog because it's the equivalent of having a gun.

The drug dealers all get pit bulls too. Ironically everyone is scared and when these same folks they say we need a dog park I have to laugh. It would be a bloodbath of fighting dogs.

We noticed a strange green vase over the doorway at the drug dealers tenement building. The red building. After the police came the dealers moved out and the vase got taken away. Maybe it was a signal. "Look for the green vase over the door!"

It's a funny world.

No comments: