Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Battle of the Scents

The other night I had to shut all of the windows because my neighbor was using perfumed dryer sheets. Then my other neighbors were smoking cigarettes causing me to have an asthma attack. Sensitivity to scent was not just when I was 5 years old.

When I vacuum I put a drop of mango oil on a tissue and suck it up into the machine making the dirt bag smell better. I do my baking after my laundry and house cleaning so the good smells override the bad.

When I was a kid perfumed and dyed toilet paper was all the rage. My mother bought yellow, pink and blue perfumed toilet paper. At the time I had a pet gerbil named Silky because his fur was so smooth and healthy. Silky scratched his nose every day and I wondered if he had an irritated nose from the perfume. I replaced his bedding with cedar and unscented white tissues and he recovered.

No comments: